OVERCOMING THE WORLD
THE RISE AND FALL OF SAUL
1 Sam. 13
This chapter tells us that Samuel rebukes Saul. The story of Saul is a frustrating one but also very instructive. Saul did so well at the start, he was humble; responsible; relied on God’s Spirit; he was a good leader. Unfortunately Saul is brought down by his own wrong choices. And it all began when Saul gave in to fear. Giving in to fear can hurt us in so many ways as a Christian. When we are afraid to step out in faith, we can cripple God’s plans to use us. When we are afraid of what others think, we can hold back on sharing the gospel.
1 Hail Mary, 21 times and Thank you Jesus, 21 times.
2 Bible Study: 1Sam 13
- You will experience times of testing.
- When you fight the enemy, the enemy fights back.
- Fear can lead you to do the wrong thing
4 Silence (5 to 10 minutes) (write down your own lessons; learn to hear from God and write down whatever God says to you)
5 Intercessory Prayers:
- Lord God, break every spirit of fear
- Lord Jesus, do not allow us to fall from grace.
- Father, save us from present day distraction so that we can finish well.
- My Father and my God give me the spirit of fortitude to over the world order.
- Father, help us to begin anew and destroy the spirit of self justification.
The Litany to the Precious Blood of Jesus (as given on the first day)
Memory verses: Eph 6:10&11
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.
Fr. Daniel Evbotokhai