THE RISE AND FALL OF SAUL
1 Sam. 12
This chapter presents us with Samuel’s farewell speech to the people as their former leader. Samuel was an example of a good leader who finished well. This is in contrast to Saul who had a good start but did not finish well. Heavenly race is determined in your finishing not the way you started. How you finish is more important than the way started. We must therefore learn to finish well. Samuel speech also marks the final transition from the period of the judges in Israel to the time of the Kings. Samuel is the last judge of Israel, and Saul was the first king.
1 Hail Mary, 21 times and Thank you Jesus, 21 times.
2 Bible Study: 1Sam 12
- Maintain a good reputation with God and man
- Give testimony to God’s goodness in the past
- Encourage people to follow God in the present.
4 Silence (5 to 10 minutes) (write down your own lessons; learn to hear from God and write down whatever God says to you)
5 Intercessory Prayers: PRAYER POINT
- Lord, forgive us and make us follow you in all we do
- Lord God, give us the grace to finish well.
- Father, save us from present day distraction so that we can finish well.
- Father, break all contrary forces – working against our success in Jesus name.
- Father bless us with the Spirit of Samuel.
The Litany to the Precious Blood of Jesus (as given on the first day)
Proverb 15:32 “Those who disregard discipline despise themselves, but the one who heeds correction gains understanding.”
Fr. Daniel Evbotokhai