OVERCOMING THE WORLD:
THE RISE AND FALL OF SAUL
1 Sam. 11
The personality of Saul has been the primary focus of our study. We saw how Saul rose to power and now Saul is given the opportunity to manifest his leadership skills. God used Saul to fulfill his leadership roles. As Christians we should earnestly desire to be used by God to further his kingdom. God gives Saul everything he needs to rule well. God affirms Saul’s kingship, equips him with the Holy Spirit so he might be successful. However, Saul eventually failed and that was Saul’s fault.
1 Hail Mary, 21 times and Thank you Jesus, 21 times.
2 Bible Study: 1Sam 11
- Saul rescues the city of Jabesh – Spiritual leaders care about people’s problems.
- Spiritual leaders are willing to get involved (1Sam.11:4-5). Spiritual leaders go beyond just recognizing the need.
- Spiritual leaders rely on the Holy Spirit to overcome their world and lead their people.
4 Silence (5 to 10 minutes) (write down your own lessons; learn to hear from God and write down whatever God says to you)
5 Intercessory Prayers: Prayer points
- Lord, use me like never before.
- Lord God give me victory over the works of the enemies.
- Father make me passionate about you assignment and mission.
- Lord Jesus save me that I may not walk out of your love and care.
- That I may not make God’s Spirit sad.
The Litany to the Precious Blood of Jesus (as given on the first day)
Memory verse: Zechariah 4:6 “This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit, says the LORD of Hosts.
Fr. Daniel Evbotokhai