OVERCOMING THE WORLD
At Baptism, the Oils of Catechumen and Chrism represent salvation as well as the strength and power that come from Christ our savior and the participation in the priesthood of Christ, membership in the body of Christ and to share in his eternal life. In today’s reading, Saul was anointed King over Israel and immediately, his life was transformed into a new being. He became a Prophet and the Holy Spirit started manifesting in his life. This is what God’s Anointing does in our lives at baptism, Confirmation, Holy Ghost Anointing (Act 10:38) etc.
God’s Anointing gives us Character – an indelible spiritual mark imprinted on our soul. We need to open up and manifest God’s anointing in our lives daily, just as it was manifested in the life of Saul. Anointing make the difference and it break every yoke and it empower us. Desire God’s anointing, fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you (2 Timothy 1:6) and this will give you true vocation to divine worship and to the services of the Lord. God have anointed you a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light (1 Peter 2:9). Alleluia.
1 Hail Mary, 21 times and Thank you Jesus, 21 times.
2 Bible Study: 1Sam 10
- God’s Anointing make the difference in the life of any Man.
- Anointing open all round doors, immediately Saul received God’s anointing various doors were opened into him.
- Anointing make you a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession.
4 Silence (5 to 10 minutes) (write down your own lessons; learn to hear from God and write down whatever God says to you)
5 Intercessory Prayers:
- O Lord my God, anoint me for a purpose in your Vineyard.
- O Lord my God, Let your anointing in my life continue to manifest.
- Father, may I not abuse your anointing in me.
- Pray for those in authority for God’s Anointing upon them.
- Lord, may I be filled with the glory of God.
The Litany to the Precious Blood of Jesus (as given on the first day)
Memory verse: Acts 10:38
“ How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.”
Mr. Donatus O. Anokhaoya
Fr. Daniel Evbotokhai