DEALING WITH TRIALS (DAY SIX)
Considering the abominations committed by the Israelites, God was still ready to manifest His power so that the enemies of God’s people will know that He’s still the Lord. For that reason God continues to show His power and love amidst human wickedness. God cares not because we’re so righteous or completely obedient but for the sake of Name and His covenant. The danger here is that we may take his Mercy and patience for granted. For those who are wise, God’s Mercy and Patience should serve as opportunity for repentance and reverence to God.
1 Hail Mary, 21 times and Thank you Jesus, 21 times.
2 Bible Study: 1Sam 6
- When we sin we are expected to examine our minds and ask for pardon, when we continue in the same, we’re exposed to the attack of evil ones, as well as to the wrath of God.
- Charity done in humility and reverence to God, can avert His wrath.
- We should never become too familiar with the things of God otherwise we will incur God’s wrath on ourselves
4 Silence (5 to 10 minutes) (write down your own lessons; learn to hear from God and write down whatever God says to you)
5 Intercessory Prayers:
- Father, grant me the grace to know when I have fallen short of your Glory and to seek your face
- Lord, save me from obstinacy and habitual sins.
- O Lord, don’t let me become too familiar with your statutes and command that I should give no heed to them
- Lord fill me with a holy Fear and reverence for you.
- O Lord, have mercy and deliver me from the consequences of my past sins.
6.The Litany to the Precious Blood of Jesus (as given on the first day)
7. Memory verse: 2 Peter 3:9
“The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise as some understand slowness, but is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish but everyone to come to repentance.”
Fr. Daniel Evbotokhai