DEALING WITH TRIALS (DAY FIVE)
1 Samuel 5
In this chapter, the Israelites Covenant box was captured by the Philistines. This Covenant box symbolizes the presence of God among the Israelites. The Covenant box started punishing and reigning terror on the people of Ashdod and their god Dagon because they were God’s and his peoples’ enemies. As Christians, the presence of God in our lives is a threat to the devil. Whenever we are in God’s presence, the devil bow and all his craftiness are frustrated by the presence of God that dwells in us. So we should strive to always be closer to God and his covenants will shield us from all dangers and all our adversaries will be in disarray.
1 Hail Mary, 21 times and Thank you Jesus, 21 times.
2 Bible Study: 1Sam 5
- God is almighty, No other gods can stand in his presence.
- The presence of God in our lives is a threat to the enemies of light.
- There is no peace or escape for the wicked, whenever the Covenant box was taken to among the Philistines became a terror to them.
4 Silence (5 to 10 minutes) (write down your own lessons; learn to hear from God and write down whatever God says to you)
5 Intercessory Prayers:
- Oh Lord my God, I invite you into my life to be my Lord and Personal Saviour in Jesus Name.
- Father in heaven grant me the grace to always remain in your presence in Jesus name.
- May the Presence of Christ in my life frustrate every work of darkness in my life in Jesus name.
- Whatever the enemy have stolen or I have lost to the enemy become threat to their camp in Jesus name.
- I release and restore all my stolen and lost blessings in Jesus Name.
6.The Litany to the Precious Blood of Jesus (as given on the first day)
7.Memory verse: Exodus 33:14
And he said, “My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”
Fr. Daniel Evbotokhai