DEALING WITH TRIALS (DAY FOUR)
1Sam 4: 7
“They were afraid and said, a God has come into their camp, we are lost, nothing like this has ever happened to us before”
It is one thing to be in God’s presence and another to feel God’s presence. Often times God’s people take God’s grace for granted, just as the Israelites did. They knew they had a God, but went to war without Him, only to remember God, when the Philistines had first defeated them. Then they went to God in His resting place (Covenant box) and brought Him to their battlefield. God was present, but they never felt His presence, because they were already in disarray with God. They further exacerbated their situation when the two sinful sons of Eli handle the Covenant box (1Sam 2:12). The sons of Eli were scoundrels, they paid no attention to the Lord and so God delivered them into the hands of their enemies – the Philistines.
1 Hail Mary, 21 times and Thank you Jesus, 21 times.
2 Bible Study: 1Sam 4
- Let God Lead: In all your endeavors in life, let God’s Spirit leads, never remember Him only when you are in danger, but at all times walk with the Lord. If you seek the Lord only when you are in trouble then you are in trouble. Prov 3:6, in all thy ways acknowledge him, and He shall direct thy path.
- Never Take God’s Grace for granted: Always acknowledge that God’s Grace keeps you moving. Alone you can do nothing. John 15:5 “Cut off from me and you can do nothing”.
- Fear God: When you live in the fear of the Almighty, you live above human destruction. The Philistines although never knew God but they feared the Lord when his presence was announced (Isam 6:7)
4 Silence (5 to 10 minutes) (write down your own lessons; learn to hear from God and write down whatever God says to you)
5 Intercessory Prayers:
- My Father and my God help me never to neglect your holy inspiration.
- My Father and My God as we celebrate Easter today; put a new spirit in me and cause me to manifest the fruits of the Lenten observance.
- Lord Jesus when you go with me; I prevail in all I do; help me never to go alone! Bid me to come after thee; lead me and guide me.
- Father deliver me from the snares of the enemies and help me to be conscious of your sacred presence always.
6.The Litany to the Precious Blood of Jesus (as given on the first day)
7. Memory verse: 1Sam.:22
“The Glory has departed from Israel, for the ark of God has been captured.”
Fr. Daniel Evbotokhai